Our Final Services And Alternative Ways to Rest in Peace

Our Final Services And Alternative Ways to Rest in Peace




As I mentioned previously in one of my articles, I recently experienced a loss in my family and a fantastic father figure when I never had one. I will truly miss an amazing man that I loved and sometimes hated in the same breath. He wanted just to be cremated, which actually sparked my interest in what some other alternatives to burials there might be. I knew right off the bat that there are regular burial and cremation, but then I started looking into them and there are funeral pyres which are still used to this day. There’s also a service that will put your ashes into the soil of a sapling so you can help a tree grow.

I personally would want cremation and then my ashes put into the ocean out in California. I’ve always loved the sea and everything about it from the smell to the sounds and all the awesome things you can find at a beach that the tide washes in. I also wouldn’t mind the whole part of helping a tree grow, but the ocean calls my heart. However, there are traditions which may seem entirely appalling to some. In Eastern Indonesia, when someone dies, the entire family works to save up enough money to have a beautiful funeral for their deceased family member. Sometimes this may take weeks, and they care for, symbolically feed and take their family member out as if they were still alive until the funeral can happen.

New Orleans also has a unique way to perform their funerals, as their ‘Jazz Funeral’ suggests. There is a procession of people that play sorrowful music, but once the body is buried they change the tune and become as lively as jazz is.

This is more or less another method for me to deal with the pain of my loss, but I figured I might as well make something educational while learning myself to kind of comfort myself with the reality. I truly hope that this helps someone, and if you know of anyone that this article might help, please share this to them somehow because death isn’t the end. It’s the farewell to the present world and the beginning of the journey to the unknown and experiencing the indescribable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bellabeat Leaf Urban Health Tracker: A Brief Review

To Become Self-Sufficient, There’s One Necessary Item

The Three Best Methods I've Found to Lower Water on your Lawn!